Welcome to the website of the North Carolina Association of Blind Students. Please look around our site with the menu on the left. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.
We are the North Carolina affiliate of the National Association of Blind Students. We are also the division of the National Federation of the Blind of North Carolina , which is the North Carolina affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB NFB.
Our mission is to represent blind students in North Carolina enrolled in secondary and post secondary education programs; to advocate for equal education opportunities; to provide important information and resources to students and to remain an integral component of the National Federation of the Blind of North Carolina.
NCABS has partnered with Lea Williams, who is a Scentsy consultant, to organize a fundraiser involving the sale of Scentsy products. Scentsy is a company that offers many types of flame-free scented and warming products, many of which serve purposes similar to candles. However, because these products are flame-free, they are much safer than traditional candles. If you would like to participate in this fundraiser, please follow the below instructions:
Online Ordering Instructions:
- Click the below link: Scentsy Fundraiser
- Select the items you would like to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Once you have selected the items you would like to purchase, click the "check out" link. It will take you to a page that will ask you if you want to add your order to a party. Check the box corresponding to the North Carolina Association of Blind Students Scentsy Party.
- Click the "Next" link to proceed with your order.
Other Ways to Order
If you would prefer to purchase Scentsy products over the phone or by email, you may contact Lea Williams, who will be glad to help you find the Scentsy products that are right for you. Her contact information is:
- phone: (704) 732-4470 (call or text)
- email: email@example.com
NCABS held elections at the student track of the state convention of the NFB of NC in September 2014. The elected officers are:
- President: Kathryn Webster
- 1st Vice President: Kevin Currin
- 2nd Vice President: Bobbi Pompey
- Secretary: Veronica Puente
- Treasurer: Alan Chase
October 2014 SUP Seminar
The October 2014 SUP Seminar was held on Saturday, October 4th. The Seminar was held from 11 AM to 1 PM at the Governor Morehead School for the Blind in Raleigh NC in conjunction with the NC Association of Parents of Visually Impaired Children. NCABS provided a goal ball demonstration and maintained a publicity table. The Seminar immediately followed the Raising Cane 5k walk/run at Dorothea Dix. Thanks to all who participated!